Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not the first, Let's hope it's not the last..

This isn't my first blog, just so you know.  I had another one, but it was removed for various reasons that I had no control over, so whatever.  That's all I'm saying about it right now.  Maybe I'll get into it at some point in the future, but for now, fat chance.

So, my New Year was far from...let's say...exciting.  Kat and I just sat at the house and played Modern Warfare 3 and drank whiskey.  Killed pretty much the whole bottle, but  I swear it didn't even get me drunk.  Maybe it's my tolerance from all those liquor-filled days of my 20's that I so foolishly spent.  Or perhaps i just didn't drink fast enough.  Whatever, I don't think I got hammered last New Year's either now that I think about it.

Maybe i'm getting old, and the mirth and excitement of New Year's and all the revelry attached to it just isn't doing it anymore.  I had other options, sure, but none sounded fun at all.  Or maybe nothing sounded fun because where I live, you have to drive 40 minutes just to go do something worthwhile and the combination of drinking, driving, and avoiding DUI checkpoints just didn't sound like a good plan.

Now, if I lived in Columbus or closer to, I would have definitely done SOMETHING.  My only other option was to go down to Athens, and that's just as far.    I'm not bitching about my not doing anything this New Year's, I just think that as my "resolution" for 2012, I am going to start going out more often and to more of a variety of places than before.  Kat always gives me grief because I never want to do anything or go anywhere, but I think it might be a good thing to start being more ....sociable.  Not that i'm an anti-social recluse living in a cave, but I really have become quite the homebody this past year or so.

And, totally unrelated, but I have a 1996 Honda Civic that's been sitting in my front yard for 2 months now.  I've had this car for about 5 years, and I intend on getting it running soon.  It only needs a little bit of work, but it seems that every time I get the right tool, part, diagram; whatever I need to get the damn thing running, I discover something else that needs replaced or find out that the tools I have are inadequate to get the job done.  I would love to get this damn thing running again because I would save hundreds in gas money if I was driving it instead of the Lexus every day to work.  Anyway, it seems like every time I walk out my front door, I get asked if it's for sale.  One day it was the mailman.  The next it was some lady jogging.  Last time it was some old guy who came to the door.  Today, it was 2 carloads of teenagers in their shitty little Dodge Neon's, all "kitted" up (if you count any of the aftermarket stuff from the Meijer auto department).   Each time I fee I have to explain the what, the why's and the when's of getting it fixed.  It's like, if it was in fact for sale, there would be a bloody for sale sign in the window, or I would have at least put it on Craigslist by now.  I guess really all I should do is get the parts/tools I need and get the damn thing running again.  

So, amid the bitching of non-running cars and my ever-dwindling social life, I am hoping that 2012 will be a great year.  Or at least I intend on it being one.  I'll let you know.  I plan on keeping this blog going a bit longer than the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment