Monday, January 16, 2012

No one cares, were all going to die soon anyway

Had a hell of a good weekend.  Went to Athens Saturday night and drank a lot of beer.  Strangely, I wasn't drunk or anything, but I did trip over a space heater several times (as well as witnessing others doing it too), so I suppose I was inebriated enough.  So, back at work, or at least i'm here in spirit.  Nothing really to do now, and I'm waiting on break so I can go do some much-needed  grocery shopping.

So, really nothing to interesting to go on about.  I looked at a new place to live Sunday; a 2-story, older home on the east side of Lancaster right next to a graveyard.  Awesome.  It was actually a really nice place, and it is definitely within the budget, so I'm hoping that we'll be able to move in the beginning of February, once all the tax nonsense is over with.  I'm just glad I found something a bit bigger than what were used to, so hopefully it will be a welcome change.  I already have everything planned out in regards to getting everything moved from house to house.  It's in Lancaster, so I wouldn't have to drive long to move everything, so the plan is to acquire the property by the 1st of February, and spend the month slowly getting everything moved and transferred to the new house while working on all the various things that need attention at the old place.  Besides all of the expenditures in connection to moving is concerned, I was considering buying another flat screen tv to put up in the upper living room (yes the place has 2 rooms, one up one down, that could be used for family/living rooms) so that way everybody isn't fighting over Xbox/ TV time .

But we shall see how things pan out.  I still have practice photos I need to get done in preparation for the spring, so I have to squeeze in time for that as well.  I don't want to get into the habit again of shooting all the time and then abruptly stop for no good reason again.  I've had enough of that.

Well, since I'm being random-thought Jonny tonight, I think I might be getting a slight cold.  My sinus's seem...bothered is the best word for it.  Like they hurt,but not really.  Whatever.  Tough it out, old man.

20 minutes to go, really would like to keep writing, but I am running out of things to say beyond the random drivel above.  Oh wait....

Apparently there is this new phishing scam going on that I heard about today through Facebook.  I guess a hot chick (or some creepy dude in his mom's basement) will try to friend young ladies between the ages of 17-25, and send them random comments about them  to their profile, stuff that begins like "Oh, you are so gorgeous, you could model!" and then escalates to, "Damn, you oughta look into getting into the adult business, you are so hot.  Here's a website for you to check out,".  Then if the unsuspecting young woman does become interested, the "friend" on FB, will then tell them that they have connections into that stuff, and would gladly help them out, but first they have to give them a bunch of info they use to steal whatever they can from them.  I've seen a lot of stupid stuff like this online for years, but I really can't hardly believe that people are so dumb that they take it at face value and let it ride when it comes to creatures from the cesspool of the blackest depths of the internet.   Most of the time, the reason a person get's targeted for this kind of thing is because they will friend ANYONE.  You know the type; they got a FB profile with like 18000 friends.  Look, nobody on this planet KNOWS THAT MANY PEOPLE PERSONALLY.  Or even as acquaintances.  I can understand if your a celebrity and you use your FB page as a vehicle to promote your particular genre of the trade, but for those of us who actually use it to communicate with others about whatever, none of us realistically have that many people in our lives we know personally.  Now, I will say with all honesty, I probably only "know" about 75% of my friends on FB.  The other 25%, are more than likely friends of friends, and my little sister's friends.  Not that it bothers me or anything, that's just how it is.   If I befriend anyone who turns out later to be hacked or isn't who they say they are, you get deleted.  If you post bullshit on my wall about how many Starbucks gift cards you won last week, or any other form of promotion, you get deleted.

Also, to be honest, I really don't play any games on FB, so stop sending me requests to play Mafia War's, Farmville, Frontierville, Doucheviulle or any other stupid shit like that.  I have an Xbox, and it works just fine thank you.  No, I am not interested in seeing how I die in the future either.  I tried that once, and it said thunder was going to kill me.  How am I supposed to take that?  The sound of its going to be enough to reduce me to succumb to death?  Or is Thor, the god of thunder, going to come down from Asgard and kick my ass with his hammer?  I say no to online games, you should too.  At least the wack ones on FB.

OK I'm done.

It's been 20 minutes.  I hope I have something better for you tomorrow.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment