Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Behind these Civilized eyes...

Well, let the countdown begin.  I have given my 30-day notice to vacate my current residence and am beginning the process of moving to the new place.  This is a great cause for celebration; We have been living kind of cramped for the last few years, and it will be nice to actually have some S P A C E.  That and the neighborhood is much better than the one were living in currently.  So, hopefully this change of fortune will continue through this new year, and we'll finally get things going in the direction we've planned instead of the usual moving forward to be set back again that were used to.

But, enough of that.

I just started a Twitter account, but don't ask to follow me because I have no idea how it works.  I mean, I got the idea of it down, just not really sure how to get it going.  Whatever, I'll probably never use it, kind of like my old Myspace account (LOL who actually uses Myspace anymore right?)  I'm not sure why I've provided myself another distraction for when I'm driving, but maybe i'll get some usage out of it.  If anyone knows how to twit, let me know some tips and tricks please.  And also if you read this silly blog, please sign up as a reader or whatever; I know there's more than 4 people who read this damn thing because I see the page views.  I promise I won't make fun of you.

Anyway, I've been a lot busier at work than usual.  I suppose that's a good thing though.  I was becoming worried that my co-workers were beginning to think that I'm lazy, what , with me sitting back here jamming to Pandora among other things.  I had a manager come back here the other day wanting to know exactly what I did on a day-to-day basis.  I felt that he was mainly just coming back here to snoop around, but I went ahead and gave him a proper presentation about everything I am supposed to do on the daily, and I think I just ended up boring him to death.  It was funny because he kept trying to walk away and I kept showing more stuff.  Needless to say he probably learned more than what he was trying to find out, and totally regretted coming over in the first place.  Which was my entire point.   But that actually makes me feel more fortunate regarding my job.  I know how to do things that only 2 other people know how to do in the entire building, and I aim to keep it that way.  I don't require help, I am totally self-motivated, and I get the job done.  To me, if I was in upper management, those are qualities that I would count valuable to the team, and would do my best to make sure those who promote those type of activities remain un-encroached upon.

It is what it is, I guess.  I didn't really want to go on about work AGAIN.  But somehow, I veered towards the subject.  Anyway, today I was going through some old stuff, trying to figure out what was trash and what wasn't, and I located a bunch of old papers I wrote for college.  Some of them are rather bland and uninteresting but a few from my Political Science classes were very interesting.  Almost creepy  in regards to the present day when I wrote these paper's over 6 years ago.  Time flies when your not paying attention I guess?  Anyhow, I had wrote a piece on Mahmoud Ahmedinejad ( I know I probably just butchered that all to hell and back, but I just wanted to see if I could spell it from memory FAIL and if you don't kn ow who that is, then you are truly living under a rock), and how he was going to be quite the figure to watch in the coming years.  That was in 2005-2006 when I wrote that.  Now here we are 2012, and nearly everything I wrote in that paper in terms of foreshadowing has came to be.  I will post it on here in the coming days, but I was just amazed at that.  Mainly the article focused on his past, upbringing, and rise to power, but there were a few things that I speculated upon regarding certain things that have come to be when it comes to foreign policy currently.  One thing that stuck out was how during my research into the topic, I read a great deal about the Straight of Hormuz and how vital it is to Iran's economy.  I recall reading that Iran has always had plans in place to shut it off from the rest of the world for decades in case something like what is happening right now came to pass.
When it comes to what's going on over there right now, I fully agree with the US stance (and pretty much the rest of the world) that a nuclear Iran is not a good thing to have around.  I believe though that due to much misunderstanding and past resentments, communication between Iran and the rest of the world has came to a standstill.  If true dialog is to commence again, it needs to be done with equal respect by the parties involved, and no one leaves the talks until something is hashed out.  Enough of this posturing by both the US and Iran (not to mention Israel), they need to get to heart of the problems presented and come to an equally satisfying solution for everyone involved, or things are going to become messy real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment