Thursday, January 5, 2012

How quickly I forget that this is meaningless

Another day coming to a rapid end.  Can't say anything too exciting occurred, did however get some practice in earlier as was mentioned in my prior post.

A number of those photos came out pretty damn good in my opinion.  Not that I was really doing anything more than messing around, but after looking at them, I feel pretty confident in my abilities thus far.  I have much more to learn, of course, but I look forward to the numerous challenges that await me in the fantastic field of photography.

Ah.  They're cheering.  Again.  It used to only happen 2-3 times a week, but here lately its been every damn night.  Whatever.  It's just a sign that i'll be leaving soon.  That's right, I'm at work.

Anyway.

I'm surprised at myself that I don't really have anything to say regarding the political BS transpiring currently.  It's not that i'm apathetic to it all or anything; quite the opposite actually.   I read the news on CNN, FOX, and unfortunately Yahoo!  (if you wish to call that drivel news.  Their articles are rife with typos, misquotes, and bad links.  But...you know you read it too.)   I just have no comment.  I learned years ago the best way to alienate yourself from people is claim allegiance to whatever political party/ideas that's opposite there own. You'll lose friends quite quickly.  Or at least make people think strange things about you.  So, I don't really align myself with a political party anymore.

One has to approach the topic of politics and voting like a savvy consumer shops for a new car.  You have all these options for President, for example.  When it comes time for the election there will be at least 4-5 people running for office i''m going to assume once everything is said and done.  Now look at that as if you're about to buy a car.  You have 5 potential options for a vehicle: the sporty, fast, girly-getting insurance policy raiser.  The conventional minivan.  An SUV with all the trimmings.  A small subcompact that runs off of a battery.  And finally Smart Car.   When you compare the two things they are almost the same.  Presidents sit in office for one term/ 4 years, during that time, all kinds of scandal can come up that can mar their reputation.  A new car usually doesn't have any major problems within the first 4 years, but you still have to pay for it and there is some things that will come up you might not like in the long run, like the cupholder that's too small to hold anything but a can of pop and some change.

Even when it comes down to financing, its almost the same thing.

I know, it is kind of a silly comparison but in a way, it's not.   Sorry, that's just how my brain works sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment